Rough Faces Don't Mean Rough Hearts

The other day Rieya-chan and I were out fishing for props for our assignment. It’s a music video for our audio-visual technique subject. Please await it!

Anyway, we found a few stuff for her hair and the like.

These are a few accessories she’ll be wearing. It’s not all. The attire we set up for her just for the video clip is pretty elaborate for two girls with thinning wallets. Haha. But we’re doing fine so far. Nee-san is letting me borrow a lot of her stuff and there has been overwhelming support from a lot of people.

Thank you for all the help and guidance. We’re both just bumbling girls trying to do our best for an assignment and we love what we do. Thank you so much for making it a happy memory for us.
Please continue to support us.

Well, we’re getting pretty off the beaten path
I’m supposed to know what that means, seriously.

Let’s get back to the subject of this entry.
Because I recently managed to get a sum of money, I wanted so much to spend a portion on a comic. So, I dragged Rieya-chan to Borders bookstore. The feeling of stepping into that place again really lifted my spirits! I love giant bookstores like that

Because the chance of buying a comic is slim nowadays for me, I wanted to buy something that would really entertain me. In the end, between Hoshino Katsura’s D.Gray-man and Sorachi Hideaki’s Gintama, I chose the more humorous one.
A few pages of that volume:

Why am I starting with the last page? Anyway, from this volume of Gintama, I got to see where the heck Kyube poked out of.

Despite Gintama ALWAYS making my arse fall off, it does have its serious and deep moments. It reminds you that Gintoki DOES have a heart under all that laziness.

Read by following the arrow
Okay, this part made me laugh quite hard – and I was in the bus to boot! For people who know nein Japanese, this might bewilder you a bit. Let me try to explain~
I’m still high because I managed to explain this to Rieya-chan.
As a lot of people might know, three in Japanese is san. So, to reply to Gintoki’s persistent questioning, he answers “Shochu san!” which is equivalent to “Shochu, three!” but in Japanese, “Shochu-san” can also be mistaken for “Mr. Shochu”. Get it?


Okay, will shut up now.

I can’t believe you, Kondo…and Danna…
Haaaa~ I still like reading that volume again and again and again…
Ah! But we still haven’t reached the reason for this entry. Yes, we haven’t reached it yet. No, Gintoki has nothing to do with a rough face or a rough heart.

Anyway, after grabbing Gintama off the racks, Rieya-chan asked to see the multimedia department in Borders. We randomly walked around, going through the fiction, non-fiction, photography, music, health, etc. We went through a bunch of racks, okay?
We browsed a bit in the IT section and that was when something hit me. There must be a History section around here!

So I went in search for the history department, somehow managing to lose Rieya-chan a couple of times.
Ah, how heavenly it was when I found it~ There were books about the Thirty Years War (it was so thick!), The Holy Roman Empire (I wanted to cry), the expansion and fall of the Rome Empire (This one was interesting) and lots more books that fans can relate to Hetalia. To my utter happiness, the books were arranged to fit their countries. Like Asians, America, Russia and Classic History. I immediately went to search for UK.

Yeah…let’s leave that to that.

I did get a bit confused though since Iggy’s section was kind of divided into two: The British and The UK. I can’t really remember the difference between United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, British and England even though the France in Worldface explained it once. Agh…I wish I screencapped it.
Can anyone tell me the difference? Please and thank you.


So – now we get to the main subject of this entry – after having been disappointed at the price of a very interesting book on British people – imagine nyotalia America married and living with England at his house – I went in search of Feliciano’s section. To my utter dismay, the Italy section was on the topmost part of the shelf, right above Ivan – eh, I mean Russia.

I was so depressed! I stood on my tiptoes and I still couldn’t get it! After jumping a few times, I somehow managed to bump rather loudly and noticeably on the shelf. I immediately glanced around to see if there was anyone around. To make it worse, there WAS a guy sitting right behind me! If my face had been any fairer, you could possibly see my blush.

The guy glanced at me weirdly but said nothing. I apologized and sadly backed away from the shelf.
I wanted to cry, seriously! Not only was my most-looked-forward-to book was out of my reach, I had also made a fool of myself! Never before had I been so saddened by my lacking height than that day.

After backing away a few steps, I sadly stared at that book so very out of my reach. Suddenly, the guy’s handphone rang. He answered and stood up before reaching over and plucking the book off the shelf, still talking to his friend.
You can’t believe how shocked I was. I was completely frozen on the spot and barely managed to say thank you to him. The guy walked away after handing me the book.

I’m pretty sure the guy won’t be able to read this but thank you so much! I really enjoyed reading that book!

Yeah, so that’s the reason for this over-written post. If you’ve read to here, thank you. I don’t think I am quite capable of keeping others attention.
.
.
.
.
Please await more colourful entries like this!

7 thoughts:

Just_najmiE 1:33 AM, April 20, 2010  

so the said guy had a rough looking face?.. =)

Unknown 12:43 PM, April 20, 2010  

Yeah, kind of. In normal circumstances I would have been terrified of approaching the guy or having the guy approach me.

Sharifah 8:28 PM, April 21, 2010  

lmao, isn't it just normal to do that? I don't know about KLites, though...

Here's a question; why didn't you ask a shopkeeper to take it for you? :'D

Unknown 2:44 AM, April 22, 2010  

Because I fear human contact.

Well, no. I just thought I'd try and see if I can grab it. But seriously, it's not that easy to find those helpers...

Sharifah 6:45 PM, April 23, 2010  

Really? @A@;;; Well.

Ah yeah, the difference between British, the UK and England. I forgot to tell you.

British: are the people in Britain. Great Britain is one of the four main Islands of the UK. Actually, it's the very main of the main.

United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland: Like it's name suggests, it's Britain, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Originally the four are independent countries. That's why they're called the UNITED Kingdom.

England: is a country that's part of the UK. Now it refers to parts and bits of Great Britain with surrounding islands.

---

God, I hope that makes sense. The UK is somewhat whacked.

Unknown 4:20 PM, April 26, 2010  

@^@ I think I get it.
but basically, they're all englishmen.

So technically, Arthur Kirkland is England or UK? He's UK right? but he's got those other brothers. So he is England?

Thanks for the explanation. yes, it's whacked @3@;;

Sharifah 7:44 PM, April 29, 2010  

Arthur Kirkland is Britain. lmao. He can be referred to as England too, since his territory used to be known as the Kingdom of England. ...and well, England is a country in itself, really. Like in the Fifa world cup, it's not 'UK' in the list, it's 'England'.

The UK is practically a Federation. But with Kingdoms.

So yeah, he's either 'Britain' or 'England'. It's kind of the same...

~*About this Blog Owner*~

An introvert imaginist suffering claustrophobia, ADD and hemaphobia and sudden social reclusion. Enjoys drawing, watching animations, singing badly, daydreaming, surfing the internet.

Appears harmless and most of the time, semi-transparent. Easily flustered when in company, overly shy, prefers slinking into the shadow and wouldn't be shocked if you didn't notice or recognise her.

Mostly hovers at Tumblr, Deviantart, and Drawr. Basically doesn't have any other life except as a partially-sane fangirl. Has a tendency to doodle at empty spaces.
Specialize in digital imagery and is currently taking Diploma in Multimedia Application. Has an extreme liking to multimedia editing softwares and photography.

Warning: May suffer severe sugar rush at times - even without consumption of high-glucose content food...and I know Wapanese! Beware!

~*FeSHniE*~

~*FeSHniE*~
I am also an artist of somekind