Didn't Make It

As the title says it,
This month's issue of Gempak indeed did not contain my drawing.

Turns out, I didn't make it. For both sections no less. I did cry a bit. I mean, it wasn't something really big but I really gave it my all with the details and to know that it didn't make it was pretty heartbreaking.

But today was my sis' bday and I didn't have the heart to ruin it for her. I'm going to work harder and send some more. Still pretty hopeful. The thing itself won't earn me big bucks or something of grandeur but it would boost my self-esteem I just know it.

If you're curious about what that two drawings that didn't make it look like, here's a preview of sorts:

On the left is the one for the 'OK ka KO' section. This section was in this month's issue but none of it contained that earphone girl.
On the right is the one for the 'hitamputih' section where they preferebly want you to draw characters from fandom. So I chose Hetalia. This work contains approximately 11 characters based on Himaruya's work. It was also the first time I drew Norway-san and I really loved this piece the most for its overall completed-ness. This month's issue did not contain 'hitamputih' section.

Maybe in a week, I'll get myself a new pen and get down to improving my lining abilities. God knows I need severe help and practice in that department.

I'm trying to be optimistic about all this. Thinking the drawing got lost in the mail makes me feel ten times worst than being rejected. Strangely though.

Even though it didn't make it, I'm still thankful of the support friends and family have given me.
It never was easy for me to give others my art that is filled so much with my love and dedication.
I hope it doesn't stop me.
The me who has always given up easily; I want to let that go and move forward
Become who I've always wanted to be.

I'm sorry, Okaa-san. I still spilled tears after all but like everything else that fell upon this fragile shoulders, I'll learn to get over it. There is still a future I want to reach for.

Added bonus!
My current desktop looks like this:

...is because I'm proud of it.
It wasn't easy drawing and colouring it. Trust me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jibun, Ganbatte Aru!

5 thoughts:

Just_najmiE 3:16 PM, February 04, 2010  

try harder..
or smarted..
or whatever..
hahaha..

Unknown 3:20 PM, February 18, 2010  

Thank you (>w<)~<333

Sharifah 11:37 PM, February 23, 2010  

like I said in dA. >w< Don't worry about it! /obviously hates the magazine

Unknown 1:39 AM, February 24, 2010  

Yup~ It was an eye-opener! I don't sulk anymore about it
Thanks for the support though~!

Sharifah 7:03 PM, March 12, 2010  

You're welcome~ /hugs

:D I don't want anyone to to sulk about something like that~

~*About this Blog Owner*~

An introvert imaginist suffering claustrophobia, ADD and hemaphobia and sudden social reclusion. Enjoys drawing, watching animations, singing badly, daydreaming, surfing the internet.

Appears harmless and most of the time, semi-transparent. Easily flustered when in company, overly shy, prefers slinking into the shadow and wouldn't be shocked if you didn't notice or recognise her.

Mostly hovers at Tumblr, Deviantart, and Drawr. Basically doesn't have any other life except as a partially-sane fangirl. Has a tendency to doodle at empty spaces.
Specialize in digital imagery and is currently taking Diploma in Multimedia Application. Has an extreme liking to multimedia editing softwares and photography.

Warning: May suffer severe sugar rush at times - even without consumption of high-glucose content food...and I know Wapanese! Beware!

~*FeSHniE*~

~*FeSHniE*~
I am also an artist of somekind