Poster and Journey

My second Image Manipulation Assignment:

[click to view]
SPIRIT HOLDER poster
I feel like laughing everytime I look at this because there's not a single scary ghost present even though it's supposed to be a horror poster
Emma Watson doesn't count.
She's not scary. At all.
The simple layout and my lecturer's name awarded me with a 10/10
but when the poster was put up in front for everyone's viewing, I noticed several mistakes.
Like the title wasn't bold enough and [HOLDER] was too dim. I should've made Bonie shine more too.
Later, nee-chan commented about the [www.SPIRITHUNTER.com]
I hope my lecturer won't notice this EVER!
Please await SPIRIT HOLDER this November!

[click to view]
This is Rieya-chan's poster that I helped with. She did most of the work but I consulted about the layout design. She got a 10/10 too and she had the most hands-raised-when-asked-if-we-want-to-watch-it.
Lol. Even I didn't get that.
Congratulations, Rieya-chan!

Also, recently, Nee-chan completed another stage of her education life.
I hope it was a memorable day for her.
Congratulations!
You look great in those robes.
Let's hope to see you wearing UUM's robes in the future, yes?
I'll edit some more pictures soon if I can.
Midterms are coming up so I can't promise much!
[Gomen na aru!]

And also,
Just a few days ago,
Rieya-chan came to me asking if I could help her with her Introduction to Computer and Application assignment. She needed to trace a portrait using Adobe Illustrator.
I took the subject last sem so I was more than willing to help her.
The thing was,
Last sem, because it was a short one, my lecturer had us auto-detect the picture using live trace. Manually tracing took a lot of time and effort and you'd have to be a prolevel to really make it look like the actual picture.
With Rieya-chan, her lecturer wanted her to do it manually. She had to do EVERYTHING from scratch. From the highlights to the shadow.
At first, I had her do the live trace and fix it from there but it ended up being too complicated and time consuming. Her lecturer became suspicious so Rieya-chan had to abandon the attempt of lying her way out.
We ended up doing it manually anyway. Right after her class today
This is how it turned out

The original

The trace
We put in a little more effort into detailing her but it really wore us out to the point where we just had to leave her shirt looking simple.
I think the portrait still needs more work but for something that's quite hurried, I really feel awesome for accomplishing something like this. It was finished in a bit over half a day.
Mind you, my Illustrator skills are rusty and I'm quite the ameture in tracing.
I hope she gets a good comment tomorrow, during her class.
I'm so excited.
She said once she gets her MARA money, I can claim the slice of cake she promised.
Haha.

Oh yeah, Rieya-chan and I talked about some of our interests and it seems she likes Elegant Gothic Lolita like me too. We talked about photography a bit and it seems she likes her picture taken as much as I love taking pictures.
Don't we just blend?
I suggested a small photography session just among us and we talked pretty long about that thing. I hope the plans can materialize sometime in the future. It'd be exciting, won't it?
Nee-san, too, would be interested I bet.
The problem now lies mostly on...
the camera.
Neither of us have it
*facepalm*
.
.
.
.
.
.
Must start studying.
Curses

1 thoughts:

Khadijah 7:50 PM, October 29, 2009  

I can't wait to hear about rieya-chan's comments abt her assignment...
post abt it in your next entry ok? thanks in advance...

I just noticed the mistake too...hopefully your lecturer wouldn't notice it too...

Good luck in your studies k!!!
and Smile Always :)

~*About this Blog Owner*~

An introvert imaginist suffering claustrophobia, ADD and hemaphobia and sudden social reclusion. Enjoys drawing, watching animations, singing badly, daydreaming, surfing the internet.

Appears harmless and most of the time, semi-transparent. Easily flustered when in company, overly shy, prefers slinking into the shadow and wouldn't be shocked if you didn't notice or recognise her.

Mostly hovers at Tumblr, Deviantart, and Drawr. Basically doesn't have any other life except as a partially-sane fangirl. Has a tendency to doodle at empty spaces.
Specialize in digital imagery and is currently taking Diploma in Multimedia Application. Has an extreme liking to multimedia editing softwares and photography.

Warning: May suffer severe sugar rush at times - even without consumption of high-glucose content food...and I know Wapanese! Beware!

~*FeSHniE*~

~*FeSHniE*~
I am also an artist of somekind