Another Stupid Tutorial Desu~!


Nyaaaan~!!
I couldn't send this design to my cousin.
It's the promotional item for my image manipulation assignment.
I'm expected to make the real thing.
I'm planning to burn it into a CD and ask Aneki to pass it to my cousin when she goes back.
I'm not sure if I'll manage on time
T^T

Anyway,
because of not-so-recent events
I had to change the way I drew slightly.
I used to do it by mouse but now that I have a tablet, things change a bit
It gets easier
but for the sake of my future forgetful self,
I thought I'd do this.

Here's an empty new document in photoshop.
Get your spirits and inspiration ready!
Yosh!

For me, I prefer to do a simple sketching to get the body right.
So as a first step, I get the brush ready.
As you can see, I set the brush to have a 25% opacity.
I rarely use 1 pt for lineart so for the rough sketch, I use a 3pt since 2pt is for the actual lineart

After that is selecting the colour.
I prefer using blue.
I'm not sure if anyone noticed it but the artworks I've done using the tablet up till now uses blue lineart.

As safety measure, I use a new layer for this.
I've learnt to not re-name each layer unless I'm using folders.
It's a bit tasking.
Hn....maybe I should've done it for this tutorial.
Meh.

Here is what the sketching looks like.
It's kind of like my version of the stick figure
lol
It doesn't need to be absolutely right. It's just a means to know which goes where since I'll be working a lot with the zoom tool.

Now that sketching is done, let's get to the lineart.
New layer~!

Geh, it's so small but I just changed the opacity to 70% and the pen to a 2pt.

OMG! nakedz!
Right...
Get your head out of the gutter. We're not done yet.
I've only done a simple lineart to really shape the body.
I only did the face since the hair might disturb the eyes.

Thus calls for layer no.3
Or in other words, hair layer!
This isn't really necessary. I'm just not confident enough to combine both of them.
Sometimes, I opt to make layer no.3 the face layer. Meaning I draw the hair in layer 2.
Aa...it's beginning to sound complicated.
Gomen aru!

Hair and clothes done!
As you can see, it's moe Kanda from D.Gray-man in his training outfit.
I wasn't necessarily sure which character to use in the beginning so this was totally unplanned for.
Please disregard Kanda's OOC-ness

Last step is colouring. I did a simple one for this piece since I'm not too taken by how it turned out. but I'm basically just using the colouring technique in my first stupid tutorial so nothing much changes.

Well, that's probably it then
Tutorial done!
Now everyone can draw~!

Un...
it seems my blog will soon be filled with my artworks instead of others.
Should I say, I feel accomplished?
Hn~~


Today, after watching 7 episodes of Darker than Black second season non-stop, I really had a giant urge to draw the shaggy Hei that I don't really like.
Li Shunsheng!!!!!!!
Please retuuuuuuurrnnn!!!!!
T^T
Oh, I've submitted this in DevArt
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I kind of want to draw him again

3 thoughts:

Khadijah 9:28 PM, December 02, 2009  

nice tutorial....but still i need you to show me in real time if i were to do it...hehehehe :)

i'm going back home, insyaAllah, (still haven't decided yet) on 9 or 10 Dec... fyi

keep in touch (CALL ME!!)

:D

Sharifah 10:12 PM, December 02, 2009  

Lol, Ai-nee! You should have submitted that kanda image in dA. (If you added breasts, I know I'd fav it) xD

Hmm~ I use the 3 pt brush for lineart~ And 5 pt for sketch. I suppose it differs between different artist. ;P And I rename the layers like (Final Lineart - DON'T TOUCH) since I sometimes do dumb mistakes like confusing layers and deleting some important ones~

Wahida K 9:16 PM, December 03, 2009  

oh~~~

~*About this Blog Owner*~

An introvert imaginist suffering claustrophobia, ADD and hemaphobia and sudden social reclusion. Enjoys drawing, watching animations, singing badly, daydreaming, surfing the internet.

Appears harmless and most of the time, semi-transparent. Easily flustered when in company, overly shy, prefers slinking into the shadow and wouldn't be shocked if you didn't notice or recognise her.

Mostly hovers at Tumblr, Deviantart, and Drawr. Basically doesn't have any other life except as a partially-sane fangirl. Has a tendency to doodle at empty spaces.
Specialize in digital imagery and is currently taking Diploma in Multimedia Application. Has an extreme liking to multimedia editing softwares and photography.

Warning: May suffer severe sugar rush at times - even without consumption of high-glucose content food...and I know Wapanese! Beware!

~*FeSHniE*~

~*FeSHniE*~
I am also an artist of somekind