Full Marks

Okay, first of all, I've already told a lot of people the good news and people were happy for me.
The first thing I need to say about this is: Alhamdulillah
I kept chanting that throughout the bus ride home.

The day started fine actually.
I felt no pressure while I was on my way to class. I arrived a bit earlier than the norm and bought myself a bottle of something sugary so that I'd keep awake.
When I saw Nadia, a close classmate of mine, she seemed a bit stressed about her attire.
Our lecturer strictly said that we are to present in a formal attire.
As for me, today was my first time going to class in baju kurung.
Lol. I felt nothing weird about it though.

"Are you nervous?" Nadia asked me.
To be polite and understanding and not come out as someone overly confident, I nodded.
Time passed though and somehow along the way, I began to feel the pressure.

I was pretty confident about my magazine actually because it came out looking like a magazine, as plain as it is, and I was very careful about the overall layout until the very end. I didn't procrastinate much this time and I was really sure that I fitted most of the criteria my lecturer was looking for. I made sure that the colours matched well and I made sure no words run short.

Hell, I even wrote two articles by myself
Even when she said she wasn't going to read it anyway.

When she arrived, my magazine was the first one that she took a look at and I grew pretty conscious when she said nothing about it.

A lot of students arrived late today and Nadia wanted to use that oppurtunity to save herself from being embarrased in front of a large crowd. I thought about it too but I didn't really mind either way. Somehow though, Nadia got into a nervous-wreck right at the beginning and insisted that I do it first.

I was like: 'WTH? You're the one who wants to escape from being embarrased so why do I have to be first?'

In the end, when even Khairul(male classmate who I met during orientation) said, "Let the japanese girl do it first", I got up and really did it.

I was the first one to present my magazine...

...and I ultimately sucked at it.
-_-;;

I didn't really know what to say but I said what I felt like I should say and after positively worrying the lecturer because I was trembling too much, I said my thanks and sat down. After that, people presented and I only gave half my attention to most of it. I didn't feel like turning depressed if I see their more creative design.

It's not that I'm being a show-off or proud but I noticed that most of them didn't seem to put much thought into what they were doing and they didn't take it as seriously as I thought we all should have. One of them even blamed the printing shop for her own mistakes. I felt kind of sad seeing some of them putting in just random things in and calling it a magazine worth buying.

I'm glad that I chose Cosplay as my theme.
Because it was something that I liked, I put all my heart and effort into it. I think I would have been pretty insulted if I got a bad mark.

So, once the last person presented, our lecturer called up three names. None of it was mine. I could only remember 'Ikhlas' and she announced that she wanted their magazines because they got full marks. My heart crumbled to pieces then and there because I thought that my magazine was not worthy of full marks eventhough I put in so much of my heart and sweat into it.

Then, she suddenly looked directly at me and said, "Ikhlas. You're Ikhlas right?"
I was dumbfounded. Literally
I had been mistaken for someone else.

Now I'm happy though because it turns out I was the one who got that full marks
.
.
.
.
.
Yay Me again!

3 thoughts:

Just_najmiE 11:23 PM, August 06, 2009  

"Let the japanese girl do it first"

miahahahaha!!.. I guess u're famous as that hah?.. I'm happy for u sis.. oh, and I bought a laptop cooling pad for u.. think of it as a present for ur job well done, Ikhlas.. eh, wrong person, Aini.. muahahahaha!!! (^^,)

Khadijah 5:12 PM, August 07, 2009  

I kept chanting that throughtout the bus ride home.
Correct spelling "throughout"

Funny that the lecturer got ure name wrong...hahahahahaha

Anyway, congratulations to u again for being one of the three that got full marks...

Since u r one of those who got full mark, how was the others? Were their magazine design as good as yours? What were their theme?

Just curious...

:) Smile Always

Unknown 1:26 PM, August 08, 2009  

Cooling pad woohoo! Hey, I dont' want to be called Ikhlas. It's taboo now lol.

Oh yeah, I fixed the spelling error. Thanks Aneki!
The others used random stuff as themes like fashion, skateboarding, women, artist etc. etc. There was one person who did a mag on Visual Kei(jrock) but i don't think she fit in all the criterias needed.

~*About this Blog Owner*~

An introvert imaginist suffering claustrophobia, ADD and hemaphobia and sudden social reclusion. Enjoys drawing, watching animations, singing badly, daydreaming, surfing the internet.

Appears harmless and most of the time, semi-transparent. Easily flustered when in company, overly shy, prefers slinking into the shadow and wouldn't be shocked if you didn't notice or recognise her.

Mostly hovers at Tumblr, Deviantart, and Drawr. Basically doesn't have any other life except as a partially-sane fangirl. Has a tendency to doodle at empty spaces.
Specialize in digital imagery and is currently taking Diploma in Multimedia Application. Has an extreme liking to multimedia editing softwares and photography.

Warning: May suffer severe sugar rush at times - even without consumption of high-glucose content food...and I know Wapanese! Beware!

~*FeSHniE*~

~*FeSHniE*~
I am also an artist of somekind