Technologized

Something extremely exciting happened today!
Because of okaa-san's utmost concern over my inability to do my best in my Computer Application in Art & Design assignment, I was given a huge surprise the day prior to this.
Uncle Salem generously decided to lend money for me to be able to buy a laptop.
I'm so grateful!
Thank you! Thank you so much!
Hontou ni arigatou gozaimasu!
Kamsahamnida!!

Well, anyway...
The story of today...

The day started out slightly cloudy with chilly air.
The thought of downpour kept lingering in my mind as I prepared for class.

My towel got awfully wet today so I hung it out to dry. The sky didn't look promising but I took the chance anyway.
After class, I sent Aneki a message using Alang's phone.
Aneki called me and I was told to go to Berjaya Time Square.

Here is Aneki and I in front of the extremely large
"1oth Avenue Food Mall" sign.
We ate a number of things there.

Here's the yummy ABC Aneki consumed during our lunch
(My brunch though T^T)

After eating we went to one of Hafiz-oppa's friend's shop and chose a laptop for me
The person there offered to do all the installation of the softwares I wanted.
My main priority at this moment:
-Adobe Illustrator CS2
-Adobe InDesign CS2
Since that's the software that's being used in my class.
Originally, I wanted to use Windows XP Professional but because this laptop is Compaq, it supported Windows Vista better. Ah well, something new for me to explore.
It's said that Windows Vista offers a more upgraded and easier user-interface but I'm a bit perplexed by how to work it at the moment.
I'll get better in the future.

Aneki and Hafiz-oppa.
Was feeling bored while waiting for all the installations

Here's what a part of the shop looked like. It's not so messy but the perspective made it look that way.
Gomen na...
The final price of everything, including Aneki's webcam, my bluetooth, Kaspersky and some other, is RM 1,888. I think it's a good price since the laptop came with headphones, optical mouse, cooling pad, an upgraded ram, software installation, etc.

I immediately set up the laptop once I arrived home. It is very exciting to know that many kind of Adobe has been installed in here. I'm so thankful.

I'll try to take a better picture of my laptop in the future.
At the moment, I'm exploring Adobe Illustrator CS3 as well as doing my Comp App in Art&Design assignment.
It's like murdering two birds with one bullet.
Or something.
I would like to say once again, with every fibre of my being,
.
.
.
.
.
Thank you, Uncle Salem!

4 thoughts:

revival 5:13 AM, July 09, 2009  

I am so glad that you are getting acquinted with the personalised laptop. We hope to see greater works from you as you explore your creativity using technology. Thank you Uncles Salem for making this possible earlier than anticipated :)

Just_najmiE 5:22 AM, July 09, 2009  

wow...

and u'd think a mouse pad is cheaper, yet you seen to be lacking it.. hohoho..

I'm just a lil green with envy at the moment.. lalala~~

oh and btw, u've been tagged! check out my blog under the title, I'm so Awesome!.. (^^,)

Khadijah 9:18 AM, July 09, 2009  

i'm glad u enjoyed yesterday's trip...
i'll email u once i transferred the pics from my hfon...
don't know when yet...
but in the near future...

Unknown 7:14 PM, July 09, 2009  

revival,
huu~ okaa-san, I fixed the name. teehee.
Thank you Uncle Salem~!

Just_najmiE,
Heok! Don't mock me!
I've been tagged! Whooo~
Tagged what?

Green Khadijah,
I'll be waiting~!

~*About this Blog Owner*~

An introvert imaginist suffering claustrophobia, ADD and hemaphobia and sudden social reclusion. Enjoys drawing, watching animations, singing badly, daydreaming, surfing the internet.

Appears harmless and most of the time, semi-transparent. Easily flustered when in company, overly shy, prefers slinking into the shadow and wouldn't be shocked if you didn't notice or recognise her.

Mostly hovers at Tumblr, Deviantart, and Drawr. Basically doesn't have any other life except as a partially-sane fangirl. Has a tendency to doodle at empty spaces.
Specialize in digital imagery and is currently taking Diploma in Multimedia Application. Has an extreme liking to multimedia editing softwares and photography.

Warning: May suffer severe sugar rush at times - even without consumption of high-glucose content food...and I know Wapanese! Beware!

~*FeSHniE*~

~*FeSHniE*~
I am also an artist of somekind